The ESG Energy/IAQ Technician in an integral part of the services of ESG. Duties will vary widely based on current need of the organization but will primarily focus on field operations and reporting functions.
Scope of Responsibility
- This role, as currently configured, does not lead or supervise any employees directly. It is possible that in the future the ESG Energy/IAQ Technician may be required to lead and supervise employees.
- Minimal overnight travel is required, less than 25% of the time
- Location is typically: in progress construction sites/our business office
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with strategic members of relevant industries.
- Meet with builder representatives when required to discuss ESG programs and services.
- Perform NGBS, HERS, ENERGY STAR, and code compliance inspections when needed.
- Prepare reports for clients and provide guidance to contractors about issues identified
- Promptly communicate any scheduling issues or on-the-job concerns with the office
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment to ensure cleanliness and properly working order
Education & Experience: Minimum
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- RESNET HERS Rater Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Knowledge of building science
Education & Experience: Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Construction, or related
- Specific knowledge of NGBS Certification and energy efficiency ecosystem
- IAQ certifications from IAQA, ACAC, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Ability to collect, analyze, and evaluate data to determine opportunities and best practices
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Competency in the use of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capability to lift 50 lbs. and climb step ladders safely
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and change