Use ESG’s expertise and experience in energy use analysis, building science, and indoor air quality to help you create a more comfortable and energy efficient home through home energy audits. Our certified assessors will provide you with an honest, unbiased evaluation of your home, complete with advice on where and how to make improvements.
What does a home energy audit involve?
First, we will perform a walk-through energy use analysis of your home, which will include thermal imaging, an evaluation of heating & cooling bills, PLUS added building performance testing using blower door & duct blast systems. We will then follow up with a report detailing suggested improvements. We can recommend someone from our extensive network of home renovation contractors, including those with expertise in green building, mechanical systems, and energy efficient design.
Why choose ESG to evaluate your home?
- No conflict of interest – we are not selling anything other than our knowledge and expertise
- We hold the most respected credentials in the industry (HERS, BPI, RESNET)
- We won the EPA Leadership in Housing Award multiple years in a row
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- We have performed more than three thousand residential energy audits across the Southeastern U.S.
- We offer the most state-of-the-art energy and indoor air quality evaluations in the region
Are you interested in obtaining an Energy Efficient Mortgage? The FHA’s Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) program helps homebuyers or homeowners save money on utility bills by enabling them to finance the cost of adding energy efficiency freatures to new or existing housing as part of their FHA insured home purchase or refinancing mortgage. The cost of energy improvements and estimate of energy savings must be determined by a home energy rating system (HERS) or an energy consultant. The energy audit ESG performs can be used to help obtain an EEM. And it is possible for the cost of an energy inspection report and related fees to be included in the mortgage. Visit the HUD website to learn more about EEMs and call us today to schedule your assessment!