Third-party comprehensive water testing is available for residential and commercial properties throughout North Carolina. We can provide water testing as a standalone service, or as an add-on to one of our other services.
Why is it so important to have clean water? Water is used regularly for various tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, drinking, bathing, and lawn care. Polluted water can cause environmental issues as well as health problems. Those with small children and pets should be particularly aware of their water quality, as children and pets are more susceptible to the negative effects of unclean water.
Reasons to get your water tested:
- You’ve notice a change in the taste, smell, or look of the water
- Your area or your well has a history of bacterial contamination
- A septic system has recently malfunctioned
- An infant is living in the home
- People in the home have gastrointestinal illness
- To monitor the performance of water treatment equipment
- To get a better understanding of your house as a whole (when partnered with other home analysis services)
- To have peace of mind
What are my options?
- Homes on city water can request for a water test from the health department. Fees are dependent on which municipality provides your water. These assessments will give you results but not always further recommendations or personal support on any questions that arise. You may currently receive water assessments from your city, but these represent the water quality at the source. This quality can be affected by the pipes used to deliver the water.
- Store bought water test kits. These typically test for fewer things and are much less accurate than results you would get from a certified lab. These also do not help to identify the cause of any chemicals found.
- Companies that offer free water testing in order to sell you their purification equipment.
- An unbiased third party testing company, like ESG. We do not sell any purification equipment or perform follow up remediation. We will provide you with lab results and an analysis of those results. ESG associates have years of building performance and indoor environmental quality experience that we use when determining the root cause of anything found in your water and making recommendations on the next steps you should take.
What will ESG test for?
ESG works with an EPA certified lab to provide a comprehensive water analysis that tests for a variety of organic and inorganic elements. If there is something in particular that you’re concerned about, let us know and we’ll test for it. For a more extensive list of elements we can test for click here.
What is the cost?
Due to the nature of these assessments and the variety of factors that can be involved in each visit, our pricing is done on a case by case basis. When combined with another service we offer, the cost is reduced. Call our office today at 336-373-1538 for more information on our pricing & process or to schedule an appointment, or send us a request here.